Thursday, October 9, 2008

Willow Bark & New Tool


When I ordered my porcelain sand, I couldn't resist getting a new scoring tool from Aardvark Clay, a triangular stainless steel comb. The other day I was walking in the garden and the texture of the bark of an old willow tree struck me. I want to take some clay and press it against the bark and make a slab built piece with the textured clay.


I need to do this soon because the willow tree is dying branch by branch and is rotted in the middle. I am afraid the willow tree will fall before I get a chance to use the bark. Since the slab will have to be big and thick to get the full effect of the textured bark, I need a comb with bigger teeth and I think my new triangular comb will work just fine. Can't wait to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment