Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Awesome Blog Award
I received the Awesome Blog Award from two different blogging friends, Joan and Pam, on the same day. Thanks Joan and Pam. Now that's awesome! I won't pass on the award just now, perhaps at a later date. There are so many awesome blogs out there, it's a wonderful world of discovery. If you don't have a blog why not start one, it's fun. If you're reading here, why not make a comment, I'd love to hear from you.
I'm having a hard time thinking of seven things folks don't already know about me because recently I had to list seven things for a different blog award, but here's a few tidbits.
- I'm not a religious person but I am a spiritual person
- I am constantly curious and I like learning new things
- often when I hear a raven or crow, I crow back to them
- when I see a lizard I imitate the sound they make
- I brake for birds and animals in the air or in the road
- it pains me to see big old trees cut down in the name of so called progress
- today I saw a juvenile bald eagle fly across our back yard and while he was flying, I saw his head turning right and left and it amazed me
- yesterday was a special day to me, I saw the first butterfly this year, it was bright yellow, the brightest one I think I've ever seen. But the butterfly was flying much too quickly and erratically for me to get a photo. Later I saw a skink, yes a skink, not a skunk, slithering on the sidewalk and into the grass, but he slithered so quickly I was unable to capture his photo either. I thought about how the season is changing and all the creatures are awakening from their winter slumber. I felt a bit like them, the warmer weather, not too hot, not too cold, has given me renewed energy.
I mailed two packages to California yesterday and the shipping was much more than I expected. Perhaps my boxes were too big or I had too much packing material in them, then I insured them, which wasn't much. One was in a clay box which is a heavier cardboard. That one contained a sculpture and two goblets so I had to pack it well, the other was in a flatter box, not too heavy of a cardboard, still they were both about $22 each, plus insurance. Maybe shipping from Florida is more than other locations.
I'm using up the last of my clay and made the wall pocket above. I hope the bird doesn't fall off. In my painting class we learned the eye is drawn first to the colors of yellow, then red, then blue, the primary colors. I also think one color affects the look of another; I have a purple background behind the wall pocket and it makes the clay have a greenish tinge in the photo. I've been painting away; I've already learned I have so much to learn, more later.