Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sol Y Luna

 Camarones flores

The other day we went out for Mexican food which I haven't had in eons. I hesitate to go to most Mexican restaurants as most times the food tastes like it's a frozen or fast food variety, but we found a good Mexican restaurant in Hendersonville off the beaten track, Sol Y Luna, Sun and Moon. 

Enchiladas verdes

I had shrimp wrapped with bacon and leftovers to take home. Gary had enchiladas verde.

Flan

We normally don't get dessert but we remembered having flan in the Baja so we decided to splurge. Oops, I tasted mine before the photo. Ha. White rabbit to you all. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

12 comments:

  1. Such pretty, yummy looking dishes. The taste makes the flan ever so enticing.
    Lost track of the days....Rabbits to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodie, a good Mexican restaurant I will try the next time I'm in Hendersonville!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Flan! And Rabbits or White Rabbit to you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. White rabbit to you, too. How dare you post a picture of flan. I can see it, but I can't touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. white rabbit! That looks like a mess of good food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had flan...looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. not a big fan of flan but good Mexican food is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sometimes Mexican food here in Oz is brown looking :( yours looks great. I would have called that dessert a Creme Brulee - the French version I guess of a similar dish. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a big serving! I can't possibly eat all. English one is also too much for me but American looks even bigger! : O I love flan! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aah..flan. My favorite dessert, right up there with key lime pie and/or cheesecake. But always flan with Mexican.

    Thought about you on White Rabbit Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks all, I took the leftovers home for a meal later on. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment