Friday, October 11, 2013

Bok Choy and Leek Soup

Earlier this week I made a big batch of hearty soup. I shared some with our RV neighbor; still there was quite a bit leftover. So we've been having the soup all week long for lunch. The main ingredients are bok choy and leek with celery, red onion, parsnips, and spices of rosemary, marjoram, salt, pepper, and a bit of cayenne.  I sauteed the finely chopped onion and celery in butter, then added all the remaining ingredients, chopped medium, covered all with water, and added the spices.

I cooked the soup all day on the stove top and thought about making ceramic soup spoons each time I gave it a stir. After our first bowl we discovered the soup had just enough cayenne to give it a bit of an underlying twang. The chips are lentil gluten free chips. Try it you'll like it. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

6 comments:

  1. That does sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup looks good! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And two more yums from me. Can't beat Bok Choy, except perhaps with a spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum Yum, plus yums for the spicy stove top vegetables of the previous post!
    We had something interesting recently at a friend's place, parsnip and pear soup... It was really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! I am glad that soup weather is here. I used all our leftovers the other night and made soup, then added cumin and spices the next time and it became vegetable chili with pasta (gf-of course)

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment