Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Quick & Easy Gluten Free Pizza

This is the first time I've made gluten free pizza. It turned out so delicious, it's sure to become a staple meal around here.

I bought pre-prepared pizza crust mix by Red Mill. The yeast is included in the package. Add warm water to the yeast according to recipe and let stand about half an hour. Next add two beaten eggs, two tablespoons of olive oil and the pizza crust mix. Stir till just mixed up. Divide dough in two, place both sections in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for half an hour or so.

Place one section of dough on pizza baking pan, wet your hands and smooth pizza dough in place. Place pizza pan in preheated oven of 425 F for six minutes. The other section of dough can be put in a plastic bag and saved for the next day or if you have a crowd for another pizza.

 Meanwhile gather your ingredients. I used store bought marinara sauce, pesto, Parmesan, fresh tomato,  mushroom, and garlic. After six minutes take pizza crust out of oven and top with your favorite toppings.

Put pizza back in oven and cook for another sixteen minutes till edges are lightly browned. We had the same pizza the next day. Just take the pizza dough out of the fridge and let sit at room temperature for about an hour before using in the same manner. The dough was light and slightly crunchy. The crust mix can also be used for cinnamon rolls and probably other uses. Gary wanted me to make a breakfast pizza. Still thinking about that one. Ha. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Looks very tasty! I haven't had pizza for a while. And by a while I mean two weeks LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending this to my friend who struggles with gluten free for her husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make pizza once a week. Glad there are alternatives for people who need to eat GF.
    Breakfast pizza is yummy, make one for Gary! I whisk a couple of eggs, pour over the crust, add some cheese, onions, cooked sausage, bake until the egg is set and cheese is melted... delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds delicious. I could eat pizza every day if I can make it at home. But try to stick to once or twice a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob's Red Mill makes great products. I may have to try this even though we can eat gluten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. Breakfast pizza is better than dessert pizza. And I was given a book with dessert pizza recipes in it. Which I haven't tried. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Keith, thanks, I hadn't had pizza for eons, just had to find a way to have some gluten free.

    Hi Michele, thanks, I'll have to make this pizza for Gary some day for breakfast when he's least suspecting, thanks for the tips.

    Hi Joanne, thanks, oh I am sure your friend will like this, I like the fact that I can get two 12 inch pizza's from one recipe.

    Hi Barbara, thanks, I think I could eat it every day too. Ha.

    Hi Lori, thanks, this could even be made in advance and then taken out of the fridge the next day and used, I like that aspect of this product.

    Hi Elephant's Child, thanks, dessert pizza, oh no, more ways to use this, I'll be in big trouble, Ha.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment