Saturday, June 21, 2014

Yes it's a Fruit Pizza

Are there times when you have too much fruit and you're afraid it will spoil if you don't eat it right away? Perhaps someone in your family doesn't like fruit but they like pizza. Maybe your fruit tree harvest is overabundant. How about putting fruit on a pizza? Yes, it's a fruit pizza.

This time I used pizza dough mix by Glutino brand. I put marinara sauce on the bottom layer, then I added orange, peach, and strawberries slices. I did peel the orange and peach. I sprinkled the fruit layer with dried rosemary, marjoram, basil and just a little cayenne pepper. Then I added mascarpone cheese and a shredded blend of parmesean, romano, and asiago cheeses. Fruit pizza is really quite good. This pizza dough rose more than the Red Mill brand and had more of the texture of a bread type pizza dough. I accidentally broke an extra egg so I added that to the batter so that may have been the difference.

Either my hand is shaking a lot or there is something wrong with my camera. Maybe the lighting was too low. I can't seem to take any photos in focus. So sorry about the quality of the photos but you get the idea of how a fruit pizza will look. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

7 comments:

  1. I had a Hawaiian BBQ Pizza from Pizza Hut. Pineapple plus ham. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious. I love mascarpone cheese. Hawaiian pizza is one of my favorites so why not experiment with other fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo. Though the skinny one would say hold the herbs - add the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gigi, thanks, I've had one of those years ago, I do love pineapple, next time.

    Hi Michele, thanks, I learned about that cheese from Lori's blog. Ha. I thought of using peaches because folks in Florida told me they grill peaches on their BBQ which I have yet to try.

    Hi Elephant's Child, thanks, oh the herbs give so much flavor and they also have many trace minerals we need for good health, oh now chocolate, that would be totally decadent. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge fan of fruit but I AM a huge fan of pizza. One out of two ain't bad, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy. I like the herbs with the fruit, good combination. I've been buying a flatbread pizza from the Super Target..their Archer Farms brand, that I really like. It has pears and gorgonzola cheese. I know, chemicals and all that. I need to get the ingredients to make it from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Keith, thanks, sounds good to me.

    Hi Barbara, thanks, oh that combo sounds good, the pizza dough isn't that hard to make and you don't have to knead it like you do for bread.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment