Thursday, August 7, 2014

Alternative Selling Locations

Recently I saw an article in the local newspaper looking for vendors for an antique mall which was expanding. I have a few antiques to sell so I thought I'd stop by to check out the location. The mall was clean and well stocked with a variety of antiques and collectibles including some old pottery. A light bulb came on and I thought to open a booth at the mall combining some of my pottery with my antiques.

Yesterday Gary and I set up our small booth at the Antique Mall at Victoria's Center in Blairsville. I'll let you know how this alternate selling location for pottery pans out. Now I'm thinking there must be other locations suitable for my pottery. A few which come to mind are book stores, coffee shops, gift stores, and so on. What locations do you think would be good fit for pottery? Do you sell your work in any alternative locations? Could you please share? Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Linda,
    This seems to us to be a very good idea. Although we have no direct experience of selling ourselves, we often think that a mix of items makes one look rather more carefully than one might otherwise. Whatever, we hope that your new venue will be a success and may the cash registers not stop ringing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sold my self-published books at Christmas craft fairs, and made a profit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put up pics of your booth! This sounds like a great idea.
    Teresa
    www.thespinninguniverse.co

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds a great idea. I suspect that book shops, kitchen wares, gardening centres would all offer a wonderful opportunity for selling your wares. Let us know how you get on.
    And good luck with your new venue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane and Lance, thanks, Oh I think that's the best place to shop those with variety.

    Hi Gigi, thanks, well that's very encouraging.

    Hi Teresa, thanks, I'll have to try and remember to bring my camera there. I have a small alcove for my booth.

    Hi Elephant's Child, thanks, good tips, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment