Monday, March 16, 2015

Laid Up in the Spring

From my window I could see a tree was starting to bud out, so I sent Gary out to take some photos for me.

From the looks of Gary's photos, I'd say Spring is springing all around us. I am not even sure what type of tree that is with it's peach colored buds.


 The fruit tree buds are starting to swell.

 The daffodils are almost open.

 Butter heading out to enjoy the warm weather.

 Butter decided a roll in the grass was just what he needed.

On the distant hill you can see the snow and ice is all melted. Gary said he saw the distant neighbors have broken the earth for their garden. I'm still bed ridden with my knee and ankle but things are slowly improving. I am missing my studio but can't negotiate the stairs, hopefully soon. It's a heck of a thing to be laid up in the Spring. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

17 comments:

  1. I hope you're up and around soon. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori, thanks, I am getting spring fever.

      Delete
  2. Spring is starting. Yeah! Hope the injuries improve quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks, folks around here are talking about the blueberry frost on 4/11 so we shall see.

      Delete
  3. Hope you are up and about soon. Enjoy your beautiful view....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlene, thanks, that view is a nice one to enjoy thank goodness.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Gary can take care of your photographing spring changes...but you now need to concentrate on getting better yourself. So sorry you're laid up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb, thanks, yes Gary got some good photos for me to show you all.

      Delete
  6. Is that the view from your bedroom window, or the view from another room, where you are lounging in that lovely new recliner? At any rate, what a really nice view to soothe you while you rest and get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, the view is from the front deck but it's even more spectacular from the upper story.

      Delete
  7. The trees look like they could be maples. Ours look like that right now.
    Glad you are improving and like Barbara said, enjoying that new chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele, thanks, are those native maples? I was thinking they might be cherries, hopefully soon I'll be able to get a closer look.

      Delete
  8. How very, very beautiful. Don't rush your recovery. But I hope it is quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, yes I have to hold myself back I think that's how the ankle got bad.

      Delete
  9. Hi Linda so sorry to hear you are laid up. Get well soon. We don't have your harsh winters but I still love it when Spring arrives. We are getting out of summer now and it won't be long before the leaves start to turn on the deciduous trees...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thanks, I enjoy each change of the season, but I think Spring and Fall are the best.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment