Monday, November 2, 2015

Clay Blog Review, Roasted Turnips & Rains

Check out Pottery Making Info Clay Blog Review for October 2015. Once again I am appreciative my blog has been included.

The last day at the farmer's market I got a wonderful bunch of purple top turnips and I decided to make roasted turnips. Would you believe I forgot to take a photo after taking the turnips out of the toaster oven? I got the recipe from Martha Stewart website. Just cut up turnips in bite sized pieces, toss with olive oil, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and roast for 45 minutes at 425 F. She called for Parmesan cheese but I forgot to use it. They were delicious even without it.

We've been getting a deluge of rain the past couple of days and today we're expecting the most. We are under a flood watch. We're up on a hill but there are many creeks in this area that are at capacity. The last market day was quite good; I even have a commission to make a platter and a large bowl. This coming Saturday is an FFA event at the farmer's market and the Kris Kringle Mountain Market is December 4 and 5 (previous dates end of November were incorrect). Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

10 comments:

  1. I adore turnips and always grew them when I had a garden. My husband's aunt, uncle and cousin once visited from California. His aunt grew up here in Ohio. She walked straight into my garden and made her son come look at the vegetables. When she came to turnips she asked "May I?" and proceeded to pull half a dozen fat ones. For the rest of the afternoon she told her son what a treat he was in for. I wonder if he enjoyed them as much as she did.
    All the best for the rest of your show season. I'm so happy your work is being recongized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks, what a great story about turnips, those are the best of times, eating fresh out of the garden, aren't they. These were so fresh and tasty; I cooked some the next day too sprinkled with curry powder and ginger, tangy again but not hot.

      Delete
  2. I love reading the pottery blog review every month, Brandon does such a good job with it. He’s pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori, thanks, I can't even imagine all the work that goes into the review because he is reading each and everyone of those blogs. my oh my

      Delete
  3. I think you've been spammed, by the second comment above.
    So glad you were recognized by Pottery review...I always check what's going on at least once a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, yes i've gotten a few of those lately and I find if I go into comments on my dashboard and mark them as spam I don't get them again but if I delete them here they can keep spamming me. I have learned a lot from the blogs over the years about pottery so I am thankful for them all.

      Delete
  4. A commission? Wonderful. The first of many more I hope.
    I do love root vegetables. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elephant's Child, thanks, I have my work cut out for me now, Yes all the root vegetables, now I am remembering my mom used to cook rutabagas, wondering if they are in the same family?

      Delete
  5. Good for you! You deserve all the recognition you get and more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on your multiple entries... its lovely to have the little extra recognition...

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment