Friday, July 8, 2016

Pizza and Rain Dance

We finally got our new stove and I was able to make a pizza. Our previous oven was rendered inoperable but we had to wait to afford to get a new one. So for many months I've only been able to cook on the stove top or the BBQ. Yesterday I made gluten free mushroom pizza.

The crust is made with Red Mill pizza dough mix. The mix comes with the yeast and the flour and I add water, eggs and let it rise. It makes two crusts. The extra crust can be kept in the refrigerator to use another day. For this pizza I added the marinara sace, cheese, mushrooms, garlic, and oregano. It was delicious.

image from pinterest unfortunately no source listed

We've had a very long stretch without rain. I finally did a small rain dance the other evening. We finally got an inch of rain yesterday and last night we got more, about a sixteen of an inch. All the plants, animals, and insects are so happy. I was talking to a local bee keeper and I said I hadn't seen many bees this summer. He said the bees would come out again when it rained. He was right. I keep a water bowl on the deck so the birds can come by and sneak a drink. I keep the bowl near a corner and the railing so the birds can fly away quickly and Barney can't get them. I think the possums and raccoons drink from the bowl too. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

6 comments:

  1. That pizza looks great. And hooray for rain. Doesn't the countryside look and smell better afterwards as all the plants drink deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elephant's Child, thanks, of the trees were really suffering thank goodness we got rain.

      Delete
  2. Homemade pizzas are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gigi, thanks, and this is so very easy to make.

      Delete
  3. We finally have had rain every evening for the last few days. Amazing how fast the grass grows with rain!
    We like to grill pizza, especially when it's hot out and don't want to heat the oven. You should give it a try. It takes a little practice to perfect and we often have funny shapes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele, thanks, I must try it; we got a grill when we moved here that was very expensive but was mismarked and they said they had to sell it to us for that price, it has a thermostat on the lid so I should be able to regulate the temp fairly well.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment