Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pots at the Lake

Plans for taking pottery photos at the lake didn't turn out as I planned. Lake levels are extremely low due to a lack of rain this summer. Hopefully this winter we can make it to the coast for beach photos. My impetus to take photos in a natural setting stemmed from the fact that my photo cube isn't large enough to accommodate very large pots.

We decided to proceed with the photos since we made the effort of driving to the lake and carrying photo props along with us. These overly large pots must be packed and carried individually wherever they are transported.

Inspiration for the colors and layers of my driftwood vessels come from the natural landscapes which I discover in my travels and which surround us all. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Low water levels or not, they look really good at the lake. I really like the organic shapes and colours that echo the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, we are so low on rainfall this year, ugh.

      Delete
  2. Monumental! They look terrific, like they are part of the landscape! Might be nice to have one for a vacation home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzi, thanks, wish I had a vacation home, oh I guess my home here is a vacation home, te he, but one at the beach would be nice.

      Delete
  3. They look huge in this setting! How tall are they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michele, thanks, the talles is 18 inches, about as tall as I can fit in my kiln, wish I could go higher but I am limited. I think I might go back after a good rain and on a sunny day, was hoping for a little better ones, we shall see. Maybe a waterfall backdrop next time.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment