Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Three Vases

About the time when I decide to use only white stoneware clay, I get a vase like this one from my latest firing. Creamy green glaze over red stoneware clay. Luscious breaking and nice feel to this one. I may have to keep this for myself. It's about six inches tall.

 Another vase made of speckled stoneware about five inches tall.

This rutile glaze turns too dark on red stoneware in my opinion. This vase is about eight inches tall. At the latest farmer's market I sold more than any other day this year. One woman bought three of my wood paintings. Just when I am about ready to give up things are looking up. I also got a check in the mail for the Reese Farm gift shop for sales there as well. Thanks for reading and for all your comment.s

6 comments:

  1. Really glad to hear things are looking up.
    I really like that first vase. My fingers itch to stroke it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, that shape is so great to hold almost like a worry stone in a way to rub your fingers against.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it a good feeling when our clay creations turn into needed dollars? Keep on making them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, yes thankful for clay sales and for the wood paintings too.

      Delete
  3. You're right; the green one at top is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks, it kind of grabs the eye that one.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment