Monday, October 23, 2017

Bisque After the Rain Storm

Before I can go on vacation I realized I need to fire and glaze, and make a lot more work to get ready for December sales. Whoa is me. Here I thought I was home free with our recent camper purchase. A potter's work is never done. I hope to fire a bisque on Tuesday after the rain storm today.

I sanded all of the greenware and loaded two shelves of the kiln yesterday. The greenware for the top shelves I'll let dry a bit more today. These two shelves are mostly leaf dishes, pinch pots, and a few toothpick holders and vases. In this load I have my prototype butter dishes; I'll see what size the three turn out after firing.

I found a coastal Alabama RV park to stay in for the month of November. In coastal RV parks for Georgia, South and North Carolina the costs are exorbitant. Snowbirds drive up the prices so locals or those on a budget can't afford to vacation in their own states during the winter.. The law of supply and demand at extremes. I was hoping to make contact with galleries in Savannah and Charleston; I'll have to seek alternatives. I plan to travel back here to do some firings and pay monthly bills after a couple of weeks. Two big shows are the first weekend of December so I need a good amount of work for those.Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

8 comments:

  1. Yay finding a good vacation spot! I sure know how this is crunch season. Keep letting me know how the butter dishes come out. I'm working on some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, I want to see your butter dishes too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks, hope they turn out, can't wait to fire them and then put a stick of butter in to test them. ha.

      Delete
  3. I hope your holiday and your firing both exceed expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, thanks, I hope so too; storm gone firing now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your break away, Linda...make the most of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lee, thanks, if only I didn't have so much pottery to make, I'll be worn out when I'm done and definitely ready for a vacation.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment