Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Pathway to Nowhere

Doesn't it seem like the stepping stones are a pathway to nowhere? We do have a plan; the pathway will eventually, hopefully lead somewhere. This summer little by little we will (try to) build a garden (storage/greenhouse) shed at the end of the pathway. There are a couple of discount building supply houses in the area which we plan to visit soon. As you can see we added another bin not as long as the first bin. The stepping stones were on sale so we got a few more to complete our pathway. We haven't gotten around to painting the stepping stones because it's been raining every day.

In the second bin I've planted squash and fennel. Where the stepping stones jog to the right I planted three more tomato plants in the ground. I had the tomato cages which I placed up against the bin and wired them to the bin to keep the wind from knocking them over and down the hill. In the first bin all I planted (basil, peppers, cucumbers, and eggplant) have doubled in size. Even though it's been rainy and cloudy plants are still growing. To the right of the stepping stones I have added some lavender and spanish tarragon plants.

In the bin in my upper garden the lettuce is almost completely gone and so is the broccolini. I plan to grow a few okra plants there because it gets lots of sun. I do like fresh baked okra. We shall see how successful I am at growing okra in a bin.

This past winter was long and depressing to me; I'm so glad it's warm and everything is growing again. Some may spend money in their budget on shoes or ... I spend a wee bit of my income on home improvement or landscaping projects because I can enjoy the results every day. If I do a few projects every year, my landscape will soon be full of wonderful garden vignettes. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

7 comments:

  1. it is coming along very well... we are doing lots of watering as we need rain badly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, thanks, so sorry about the drought, when I lived in California we prayed for rain much of the time, the climate there is dry all summer long and sometimes the other seasons too, here it is the opposite, and rainy in summer and dry in winter, relatively so. We are thankful for the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Anna we badly need rain. There is none in sight.
    Like you I would rather invest in my garden than in shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, thanks, I have never been a shoe collector. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't go tripping on those stepping blocks..take care! That is an order! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment