Saturday, August 18, 2018

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers

Yesterday I harvested even more peppers. These are poblano and carmen peppers. Do you know any good ways to use these up? Is there such a thing as pickled peppers? Oh, there must be.

A peck of pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
How many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?

There's something fun and magical about reciting rhymes and imagining the story in the rhyme. Do children learn nursery rhymes any longer? I hope so. 

And another batch of shishito peppers. These I roast in a pan and eat whole, the others I have no idea what to do with them. Today I'll be at the farmers market from 7 am to 1 pm but it is pouring rain so not sure how many customers there will be. Although the market is covered so it's a nice place to visit on a rainy day. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

8 comments:

  1. I am no help. I only like peppers raw. Or perhaps dried.
    Like you, I do hope that nursery rhymes still exist though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I scorched them on the grill. I may try making a soup with some of them and see how I like it. Now I'm going to be drying the hot peppers.

      Delete

  2. Hey Linda....below are a couple of sites that should set you on your way.

    http://www.winterwheat1.com/recipes/pickled-peppers-my-first-batch-from-the-garden/

    https://www.daringgourmet.com/peter-pipers-pickled-peppers/

    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pickled-peppers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, I have roasted all the peppers from this week over the BBQ and slightly disheartened that they roast down to almost nothing in size, but still have them all roasted.

      Delete
  3. I was drowning in pepper two years ago, not so much this year. I ended up stuffing the peppers and freezing them. What a great dinner and super fast! I have serious pepper envy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, thanks, I am amazed at how well these peppers have done this year, a first time for me on peppers. I plan to extend my plantings for next year. What did you stuff the peppers with ?

      Delete
  4. Mmm just the hought of pickled peppers has my mouth watering.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hena, thanks, well I ended up roasting this harvest and will try pickled peppers next time., thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment