Monday, October 1, 2018

Union County GA Pumpkin Growing Contest

In honor of white rabbit day I'm posting these white pumpkins.
 White rabbit to you all.
At this past weekend's farmers market the annual pumpkin growing contest was held in Georgia's Union County to see who grew the largest pumpkin. Jesse Holbrook grew a 644 pound pumpkin and may be the state winner surpassing a previous state record of the mid 500 pounds. Results for other counties to be determined soon. Jessie came by my booth after the pumpkin growing contest and it was a pleasure to meet her. She is a proud 4H farmer.
Meanwhile this driftwood handled piece found a new home. I see my photo doesn't include the bead embellishments I added later. I'll have to contact the collectors and see if they can send me a photo of the pot in its new home. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Hares and rabbits to you.
    Love the white pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi, thanks, I have never cut them open, but apparently they are white inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one big pumpkin!

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hena, thanks, you have no idea, wait till I post the adult pumpkins which were grown, they are even bigger into the 1000 pound range.

      Delete
  4. Huge pumpkins. I am a big pumpkin fan but suspect the flavour is gone from the giants.
    Is that piece of yours as large as it looks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, thanks, no not that large, just looks that way since we took the time to take it to the lake and take some photos. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's a load of pumpkin!

    I love the pot, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment