Sunday, December 9, 2018

Pumpkin Pie Pudding

Oh how I love pumpkin pie, but I must be gluten free. Since making crusts is a lot of work and I'm inexperienced in making gluten free items I decided to make pumpkin pie pudding. Besides I like my pumpkin spicy so I can add as much spice as I like.
Mix one cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and a pinch of salt. In a double boiler mix 3 cups of half and half and 4 beaten eggs. Cook milk and egg mixture till hot and just ready to boil. Stir in sugar mixture and cook till thick stirring constantly. Stir in one small can of pumpkin puree, unsweetened.
Ladle pumpkin pie pudding into individual ramekins or dishes of your choice and refrigerator at least half a day. I purchased these small pyrex dishes with covers which is really convenient. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream sprinkled with a little cinnamon. This was easy to make and so delicious. Now I can have pumpkin pie pudding all year long. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

6 comments:

  1. While I love pumpkin I have never had pumpkin pie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, so surprised, pumpkin pie here in US is so popular especially during the holidays.

      Delete
  2. Like EC I too like pumpkin but have never had it as a dessert.. here in Oz it is usually served as a roasted vegetable or mashed with potatoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna, thanks, so surprised, you must give this a try, it is so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds lovely, I'm going to have to try these. Thanks Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise, thanks, so delicious and keeps covered in fridge for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment