Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Alcohol Ink Workshop & Drawing Class

My curiosity was peaked when I saw art using alcohol inks on tiles and yupo paper when I used to work at the gallery in Hiawassee. I finally got around to signing up for an alcohol ink two weekend workshop coming in May. The workshop will cover using alcohol inks on tile and also on yupo paper.
Beginning In March, I'm taking a class on drawing with graphite and colored pencils. I used to do India ink drawings of interesting buildings in high school and have always wanted to get back to it. I plan on practicing with pencil till I feel confident enough to move on to India inks. But maybe I don't need to use India ink, maybe pencil will be just fine. Both the alcohol ink workshop and drawing class are given at a local church and the price is right at $25 for both. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Hi again Linda...I just answered your comment over on my blog. Those sound like great classes! I'm sure you will enjoy them. I hadn't thought about using other mediums for a while, and now that you mentioned it, I'm considering what else I might do besides clay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara, thanks, the church here is a methodist church and the org that teaches the class is called Oasis, not sure if they might have classes near you. Good thing about another media is it is most always lighter to carry around

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful images...
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanza, thanks, images are not my own, but ones I hope to do.

      Delete
  4. I have never heard of alcohol ink before. Your art is beautiful Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, thanks, images are not my own, also alcohol inks are expensive I think so if I take a class I can see if I like them enough to invest in any.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment