Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Flowers and Leaves

two tone tulip in a vase
 Pink Dogwood
is covered in flowers this year
 Hosta and Yarrow
switching potted plants to perennials instead of annuals
 Scillia buds
these were planted by a previous occupant
 Golden Threadleaf False Cypress
these have grown a foot a year
they're taller than I am now
 Scillia blooming
 Cilantro and Dill
feathery and flat leaves
 make a nice contrast planted side by side
 Crabapple petals
dotting the driveway and the mint beds
 Red Romaine Lettuce
can't wait to taste this variety
 Rosemary flowers
first time for blossoms on the rosemary
variegated Yucca
I love variegated leaves
I see native dogwood in bloom in the background
Spring has sprung here
yesterday we had thunderstorms and some hail
thanks for reading and for all your comments.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I am so thankful to spend some time out of doors after the long winter.

      Delete
  2. Your flowers give hope that Spring will soon be blooming here in the north!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzi, thanks, it's on it's way very soon I think

      Delete
    2. Hi Suzi, thanks, so far the weather has held above freezing here

      Delete
  3. So beautiful...great shots with plenty of focus, lights and darks all clearly defined! Makes me jealous because I've another month before I can do outdoor plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, I didn't realize you were so late, I had read that our last frost date was 5/15 but someone else told me 4/30, but it looks like it's early this year here.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing, Linda. Our back is pretty shaded... so no flowers. I make do with hanging baskets of fern and herbs in the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rian, thanks, we have a shade garden under our deck on the lower level with ferns, hosta, liriope, and ajuga and they are all doing well. The hosta do bloom but are insignificant and ajuga and liriope as well but also insignificant. But the variegation of the ajuga and liriope and hosta makes for a colorful display throughout the growing season.

      Delete
  5. Great photos Linda, very pretty flowers. I also loved your blue vase in the last photo, perfect for those beautiful tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He Denise, thanks, I cant' believe how much everything is growing around here, I do love tulips, they seem so romantic

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment