Friday, May 2, 2008

Upcoming Shows

Today I submitted three ceramic works to be judged at the
Porterville Art Association member's show. I also have four additional ceramic pieces exhibited at the show. The show will run 4 months.

Next weekend, May 10 and 11, I will attend the Arts Alliance of Three Rivers Redbud Art and Craft Festival for two days. I'll have my ceramics and photographs and a few lavender and other floral items from my gardens for sale at the festival.

The following weekend, May 17 and 18, I will be entering the Sequoia Foothill Art Show with some of my ceramic pieces. I am looking forward to this show since one of the judges, Una Mjurka, is a well known and accomplished ceramic artist. Una is an Associate Professor at California State University at Fresno and her work has been in 135 exhibitions and has received many awards and honors from 1993 to 2006. Una has contributed to more than 30 publications and her work is in collections in 11 states and Latvia.

I'm refining my checklist of what I need to set up my booth and making sure I have plenty of business cards and an updated portfolio.

2 comments:

  1. It's that time of year, isn't it? You sound busy in a good way. I hope you do well at your shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cynthia. I did fairly well at the show and now know which pieces of my ceramics the public likes. I also have more ideas on how to set up and display my ceramics in my booth for a festival.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment