Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Elephant Heart Plum


When I designed the gardens here at Springville Lavender Gardens, I decided to plant fruits that aren't available in the grocery store. Elephant heart plum is one of those fruits. Here you see the plum with its definite heart shape and color. There's a small blemish, or dimple, on the lower left hand side. We had a late frost and some of the fruit was slightly damaged.


As you can see the frost didn't ruin the inside of the fruit, though. My husband and I shared the plum last night and it was really good. This was a trial pick, the plums aren't quite ripe yet, they can probably go another week or two. Well I'm going out now to finish my watering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment