Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jugtown and Misc.


Jugtown Museum photos for your perusal.


Enjoy the tour; scroll down for the miscellaneous.







I've been working on a few more pots, haven't fired my bisque since I've had the kitchen repainted to coral; didn't like the green. The pool deck is painted with special paint for that purpose and it looks brand new. Fresh paint really does make a difference.


We sold the motorhome and saturn wagon; didn't make money, but didn't loose money either. Plus we had a nice trip in it while we had it. Before we sold it Gary did some repairs on it. Oh, the day we got back the brake master cylinder went out in our driveway, guess that was lucky. Vehicle insurance in Florida is much more expensive than California, along with house insurance and property taxes. There are lots of costs we didn't know till we actually moved here and bought a house.


I decided to build my art fair shelves myself. I have the lumber and hinges and already primed the wood. I need to get the shelves finished right away so I can take photos of my booth. Most shows require a photo of my booth along with photos of my work. Please come back for more details.

11 comments:

  1. when you come back we need to go to the North Carolina Pottery Center.
    It has a collection of pots from all over with changing exhibitions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful displays. I know how I view them as an appreciater but wonder how an artist views them. You must have a different eye and see things I would never notice.
    Congrats on breakiing even on the vehicle sales. I know all about those expenses related to enjoying the Florida sun. Kind of why Arkansas is my new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I went thru the Jugtown Museum, I liked that it was a display of their production ware.The pots were made by potters who were trying to make a living, not win an award and therein is the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Jugtown visit! My grandparents used to take me there when I was a little girl. Like many other potters, I'm sure that it where my love of pottery started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you were able to have a small tour when you came to Jugtown. It is such a wonderful place to be each day. And yes please do try to visit the NC Pottery Center, it is a great beginning to a Seagrove visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have really enjoyed the Jugtown posts. I'd really like to go there someday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking us to Jugtown with you. Now I'm inspired to take a trip there.
    Are you going to stop traveling now that you've sold the RV? I've so been enjoying your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a high school field trip to jugtown inspired jeff to throw on the wheel... too bad you missed the pottery center this trip, although it gives you another reason to come back. it didn't take long to sell the RV! good to hear you at least broke even.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Jugtown photos -- and how wonderful it must have been to see them in person.
    You are so fortunate to sell your RV in this economy! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Meredith, thanks, we meant to go there but one day it was close on Monday, the next day it was raining, then time ran out. yeah we need to go back for sure.

    Hi Patti, thanks, now don't let Gary hear you talk about Arkansas, he'd just as soon move back there; we lived there in the early 1990s.

    Hi Dennis, thanks, yes I think that is their fortay, everyday ware, did you see the critters in the one case such wonderful farm animals.

    Hi Tracey, thanks, how wonderful your grandparents took you to potteries as a child, some things we don't realize will affect our adult lives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jennie, thanks, we sort of toured ourselves but we did get down to the workshop and saw Vernon working on some pots, had a nice visit and saw the kilns too. We will definitely go back again when we come back up there.

    Hi Turqoisemoon, thanks, it's really worth a visit. I am sorry I didn't take photos from the exterior as the buildings are really something to see too.

    Hi Lori, thanks, Gary is already wanting to get another motorhome; I think traveling is in our blood so to speak.

    Hi Michele, thanks, we are persistent when selling things, reposting on craigslist and other locations till stuff sells, it was rather quick though.

    Hi Judy, thanks, we had a great time seeing all the different type of pots and just loved the museum, worth a visit for sure. yeah we are lucky we sold the motorhome and the tow car so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment