Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pleasant Surprise


I've been searching high and low for the few remaining barrel fired pendants I made back at my lavender farm and can't find them any where. Maybe I sold all of them; I thought I had a couple left.


But I did find these two sushi plates I didn't even remember making. They're made of white stoneware with a lucious green glaze which breaks with golden hues. I call them sushi plates, but you could put a bar of soap on them and no one would be the wiser. The pair will be in my Etsy shop as soon as I take a few more photos.


I also put together an Etsy Treasury this morning and featured a Jenny Mendes sculpture along with an eclectic grouping of other items, so be sure to check it out. Well I'm back to searching for those pendants. Have a great day.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful glaze. Do you remember the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last time i found pots in a box that i hadn't seen in eons, i put them out in the gallery and they sold that day! i hope your beautiful sushi plates fly out of your etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda you really have a skill for putting the ETSY Treasury together! Your "East Meets West in a Golden Whimsical Organic Vintage Way" is just wonderful!! That is really hard to do and your picks are so interesting to look at -do more!

    Love the dishes too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori, thanks, I'll send you an email.

    Hi Michele, thanks, I think I am just now getting to learn the particular ins and outs of etsy.

    Hi Cindy, thanks so much for appreciating my efforts. Putting a treasury together isn't a small task and does take a bit of time out of the hours in my day and I enjoy doing the ones I've done. I don't want to reduce my etsy and blogging efforts to expected appreciation but I wonder where my efforts lead in my quest to sell my work enabling me to create more, been thinking about all that and much more lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting life and a treasury of experiences. No wonder your pots are so interesting !

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment