Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene News


Today we had high winds from the back side of Hurricane Irene and just had a big rain storm, but I'm sure it's nothing like what folks are and will be experiencing. When I was a child we lived in Virginia in 1954 and 1955. We had several hurricanes come through there. I remember my mother preparing in advance, getting food, water, and supplies.

Tonight I'm thinking of those in the path of the hurricane so I thought I'd post two sites I use for information about tropical weather and for Hurricane Irene News. Even though this first site says Central Florida Hurricane Center, they have information for the all of the tropical storms as they travel. Scroll down for lots of clickable links. Also Weather Underground Tropical is where I check for satellite photos, radar and rain patterns, click on the hurricane link for more info. I bookmarked these two so I can check them daily. I hope everyone stays safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment