Perhaps you remember I bumped the edge of this roof and a piece cracked off. I finally got around to repairing the roof on this mountain cabin personal shrine. I used thick slip mixed with vinegar. I have the edge propped up with a folded piece of cardboard to put some 'up' pressure on the underside of the roof. Hope it holds; the true test will be in the firing.
Here's the underside of the roof. The piece is in drying in the cabinet now. I'll touch up the color in a day or so. I don't dare sand the slip; it would make the repair fail. This will just have to be a roof that a tree fell through and was patched. One of these days I'll do some tests with dried pieces and crack them on purpose to see which repair methods work best; might be nice 'clay clinical trial'. Ha.
Here's what the cabin personal shrine looked like just after I made it. Off to get more clay today. Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season.