No cracks or mishaps this time. I've had less problems with seam separation since I started using apple cider vinegar on all my seams. Even the bucket I had such a time with held at the seams, I am truly amazed at that one. First I brush slip on scored seams, then I dip a paint brush into apple cider vinegar, dab it off a bit so it isn't too moist, then I paint over the slip before I attach the seams.
The big platter did fine without propping the edges. Yippee. Only thing is I carved lots of texture into the platter, now I need a good transparent type glaze so I don't cover up the carving.
The slip colors are getting better and the layered slip experiments turned out like I wanted. This tile has a light gray background slip; not easy to see in this photo.
I like the painterly effect of the overlapped slips on this next fern leaf vase.
The small wood nymph sculpture and oak leaves are destined for the garden shrine. Also I fired a few heart pendants for valentines coming up.
Now to examine things more closely and think about glazing for the next firing.
Here's Gary and Binky at the computer in our utility room turned into an office. When we bought this house the washer and dryer connections were in the garage. I found some used kitchen cabinets and installed them in the utility room to make an office. What a transformation the cabinets made to this small space, so much more usable and more storage space. Thanks for all your encouragement and comments.