Friday, July 20, 2012

Another Basket, Tower, Glaze Load


Here's another basket I made yesterday. I'm not sure about the feet.

And another tower with cut outs and a handle.


The bisque went off just fine and I promptly glazed it all and it's firing now. We only have a couple of days without storms so I took advantage. I used the technique Judy Shreve told me about plugging the holes with wet clay and glazing the slotted tower and it work just great. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

6 comments:

  1. glad your towers bisqued fine on the floor of the kiln... you worked quickly to get it all glazed and back in the kiln!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baskets are looking great. It's so good to see how you worked through the challenges and disappointments. It looks like it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am learning so much from your posts. I would love to buy a kiln for my ceramics. Is it expensive and where can I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michele, thanks, I stayed up all night to get it all done and loaded and I had to put the towers on the kiln floor.

    Hi Lori, thanks, well still not where I want them but I'll keep trying.

    Hi Gigi, thanks, yes they are expensive and the clay, glazes, tools, ets. Please see my response to your previous comment in the past post, check craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plugging up the holes with wet clay to glaze- good tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa, thanks, at first the wet clay wouldn't stick to the bisque piece, but then I wet it with water and it stuck long enough for me to pour in the glaze and pour it out, so glad Judy told me about that, comments on blogs are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment