Thursday, July 26, 2012

Two Women Running on the Beach


This tile, Women Running on the Beach, caught my eye this morning. The women are so exuberant and carefree and there is something appealing about their chunky, primitive shaped arms and legs. This high relief tile was done by Nilsa Garcia-Rey and is after Pablo Picasso's painting Two Women Running on the Beach. No wonder I was struck by this piece.

There are several other works by Nilsa which also inspired me on her website. This tile was the first piece I chose for an Etsy treasury I put together called I'd Rather Be at the Beach. And there's many more beach inspired pieces of pottery to be found among Etsy potters. Now if I can only figure a way to get to the beach for a getaway trip.Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

2 comments:

  1. Running on the beach does sound like a spirited and light-hearted thing to dream about doing. My running days are over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Sparrow, thanks, almost for me too, but maybe a few short bursts of energy, Ha.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment