Tuesday, August 7, 2012

More Towers

This tower is about sixteen inches tall. It has three different greens and a cream color underglaze on it. I wanted to make a tower with a lighter color, but it looks almost too pale to me. Maybe that's just in comparison to the multi colored ones I made previously.

These little cut outs I'm leaving on some of the towers remind me of cliff dwellings in the sides of mountains. This close up almost looks like a mouth though.

This tower is about 13 inches tall. The spirals are suspended over the open top. Etsy got back to me and said someone else has already used my name even if they don't show up in a search. So I can either use Linda Starr Pottery or keep it Blue Starr Gallery. I may change it. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

10 comments:

  1. How nice that you like lavender bags. You make such nice things but my favorite is still Boris the cat.

    Hugs
    Elna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elna, thanks, yes that cat has a great personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tower series is looking really nice. I love the whimsy of them. The little peepholes are a nice touch. Sorry I haven't stopped by for awhile, my computer crashed and I was without it for over 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still liking what is going on with the towers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pale color my actually work well as a nice contrast to the brighter ones. I think it looks peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend of mine wanted to publish her book under her own name. She then learned that someone had taken her name as a pen-name so now she has to find a pen-name of her own.
    How about Blue Starr Pottery?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barbara, thanks, oh so sorry about your computer, I think we don't realize how much we depend upon computers till they break down on us.

    Hi Judy, thanks so much for your encouragement, I appreciate it.

    Hi Lori, thanks, I was thinking that some subtle ones might be nice in contrast to the other brighter ones. I may make a few in different colors of clay and leave the exterior natural too.

    Hi Ms. Sparrow, thanks, ha funny how that happens before the internet we might not have known someone else was using our name.

    Hi Michele, thanks, trying to improve them each time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower - I love these towers - I am going to have to look at all of your artwork. What I see in the sidebar is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pamela, thanks so much, working with clay keeps me out of trouble. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment