Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sale of Mini Tiles

Originally I planned to make a mosaic frame for a mirror using these stoneware mini tiles. They look great randomly placed around the edge of a mirror. Now I realize I'm not going to get around to using these tiles. So I am listing them in my Etsy shop for a super sale price. There are 68 tiles and they're 1 1/2 inches square. There are four of each color except for the rose and there are 8 of those.


Here's what they all look like. These tiles are made of stoneware clay, textured with a vine or floral pattern, glazed in food safe non toxic glazes and high fired in my kiln. They're suited for mosaic or installation.

Everything in the bisque turned out just fine and now I'm firing a glaze load. Meanwhile I made a large wall tile with some relief additions. I'll probably crumple this up, not quite what I had in mind. Sometimes I have to let myself fool around though. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Linda:
    Your small tiles really are most attractive and we are certain someone will, very quickly, find a good home and use for them. As you say, they would be excellent as a frame around a mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane and Lance, thanks, you know how those projects go, sometimes you just know you aren't going to get around to them. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tiles...no rountuits?
    Experimentation if half the fun of clay!








    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great, I'm sure some lucky person will snatch these up and make something wonderful with them. I wonder what that will be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sweet small tiles...and I like some of what you're doing on the large wall plaque...keep working on it till you're satisfied.

    I can't remember the name of the blue flower you asked about (on my blog) I'll have to ask Martha again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue flowers are
    blue plumbago,
    sorry it took so long.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzi, thanks, no roundtoits. Ha.

    Hi Lori, thanks, hopefully someone can put them to good use.

    Hi Barbara, thanks, I changed my mind in the middle of that one and it just didn't work. Ha.

    Hi Barbara, thanks, I do like the plumbago didn't recognize it because the flowers with wet with dew I think.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment