Saturday, November 17, 2012

Basket Weaving Class

Today I'm taking a basket weaving class at The Garden Shed at 2324 S Rockcrusher Road in Homosassa. If you haven't been to The Garden Shed stop by for a visit. The shop is full of unique gifts for both the home and garden and they'll be opening a tea shop soon. They also carry a nice selection of my pottery.

I made the plate above for the tree luminary in the previous post. I made the sides straight up and uneven and  I used the white slip so the plate edges will look like drifts of snow. I put a white slip spiral in the center of the plate. I also made another plate for the tone on tone Christmas tree. I'm sliding them from one sheet to another because I made them thick and I want them to dry flat. Stay tuned for info about the basket weaving class coming up soon. Hope you are having a great weekend. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

2 comments:

  1. I think the star-shaped cutouts in the tree are really going to make the lights twinkle. Have fun at your class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle, thanks, I hope it turns out ok in the two firings, wish I had started on these trees about a month ago, hope I can get them done before christmas, looking forward to the basket making, hoping to incorporate some of the weaving with some clay pots.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment