Monday, December 31, 2012

Lake Cabin and Poblano Salsa

Perhaps I'm dreaming of a vacation in the mountains because here's a lake cabin platter I worked on today. I put muted colors of pale pink and tan in the sky but it doesn't show in the photo. Hope it gives a nice glow like a morning sky after firing.

I have the edges of the platter propped up with my trusty toilet paper roll sections. After one day I remove the paper and save it for the next platter.

For poblano salsa, place two fresh poblano peppers under the broiler to blister the skin, remove from broiler, let cool and peel the skin. Then chop the peppers medium sized and put in bowl. I keep the seeds because I like my salsa fairly hot, but if you want it more mild discard seeds and/or use only one pepper. Chop three large Roma tomatoes medium and add those. Chop one shallot fine and add that. Sprinkle with dried cumin. Add the juice of one orange, then stir in one bunch of cilantro chopped medium. Stir and let sit for an hour at room temperature for flavors to meld together. (if you can wait that long, I couldn't). Serve with your favorite chips or use as a topping for fish, chicken or what have you. I found gluten free lentil chips at the grocery and those were good with this tasty salsa. Happy New Year's Eve to you. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year's Eve to You and Gary! That salsa looks and sounds delicious. The plate and platters you have been making are wonderful. I like those cabins, and really love the rabbit/hare, and that owl is truly awesome. White rabbit to you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Happy New Year! Enjoy your salsa and chips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year...it is good to see you are creatively heading into the New year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Lake Cabin. and would like to live there. Cilantro is not my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barbara, thanks, white rabbit to you, hope you remember to say it.

    Hi Ms. Sparrow, thanks, same to you, I do love my salsa. Ha.

    Hi Dee, thanks, as Gary says it keeps my out of trouble, most of the time.

    Hi Elephant's Child, thanks, I would like to live there too, watching all the birds and animals a having a row boat to float on the lake, like golden pond.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment