Sunday, December 30, 2012

Log Cabin & Italian Style Green Beans

Here's another sgraffito platter of a log cabin. I think I'll make a few more buildings, these bring back memories of the India ink drawings I did in my teens. Speaking of memories, I'm still sorting the slides so stay tuned for more blasts from the past.

These Italian style green beans are real tasty and quick and easy to make. Cut the ends off and then par boil a pound of fresh green beans for five minutes. Drain, then rinse beans with cold water. Oil a baking dish and pour in the green beans, top with a can of diced tomatoes, (drain the canned diced tomatoes, but not completely). Sprinkle the tomatoes generously with dried or fresh chopped oregano, then top with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 F for about 40 minutes till cheese is melted. This would be a good dish to take to a pot luck dinner. Gary asked if there were any more beans after he had one serving, so that means they were really good. Ha. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

7 comments:

  1. I wish you a Happy New Year and we'll see the 2013th

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. These platters are looking good Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not too fond of green beans, but this looks so appetizing that I am willing to try your recipe! Hope you have a nice New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything with melted cheese on top is bound to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your log cabin platter looks like home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be meant. I noticed this afternoon that our first crop of beens will be ready to be picked tomorrow. Thank you - I think I know how they will be cooked.
    I love your sgraffito work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elna, thanks, same to you, see you in 2013.

    Hi Dennis, thanks, I hope to make a whole series of them, having fun with the challenge of perspective.

    Hi Gigi, thanks, I think using fresh green beans makes all the difference in the world in the flavor.

    Hi Ms. Sparrow, thanks, yes the cheese does make things taste good.

    Hi Michele, thanks, this cabin could be in North Carolina for sure.

    Hi Elephant's Child, thanks, well I hope you like the beans cooked this way, they are a meal in themselves.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment