Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wall Pocket

Yesterday I made a textured wall pocket and added a pink dogwood. The wall pocket is about 14 inches long. I see my slot is slightly off kilter. I made a slot instead of a hole so the pocket can be slid in either direction to keep it hanging true. My plan is to leave the exterior unglazed, glazing only the interior, maybe with a clear. I'll see what color this speckled brownstone fires. Every time I say wall pocket I think of that ad on TV that's for hot pockets. Funny how certain jingles stick in my mind.

What do you think, is this scilla or grape hyacinth? Here's a link to the other blue flowers I posted which I think are scilla and they finished blooming so I think this bulb is something else. These flowers stand about 12 inches tall and rise above the greenery. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

9 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure it's scilla. Grape hyacinth florets remain in a ball shape!

    I like your pocket! For some reason I never make them big enough.

    You sound so happy to have your hands in clay again. How is the studio coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your vision for glazing the pocket. I think that will look really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzi, thanks, I always have a hard time with size of pieces as i think they look big when they are green and then they dry too small, we shall see about this one. I think a larger one would be less likely to sway in the breeze if hung outside which your point made me think of. Strange the one scilla bloomed and then all these are blooming over a month lager.

    Hi Lori, thanks, we shall see how it turns out, a few prototypes and if they turn out I'll make more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mystery bulbs are beautiful. That's all I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a grape hyacinth (smartcat is right). Love the wall pocket. What are you going to use it for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely wall pocket....it will look nice hanging up ..nice texture. You sure live in a state of beautiful flowers.....sigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joanne, thanks, oh the blue bell like flowers are a welcome sight.

    Hi Michele, thanks, hope it fires up nice.

    Hi Elephant's child, thanks, good for dried or fresh flowers even a live plant could be planted in it.

    Hi Dee, tbanks, we are so lucky to have these blooming from previous owners having planted them.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment