The texture on this tray with handle is from the crocheted piece from the thrift store in the last post. It doesn't look anything like I thought it would. I see the top of the handle dried quickly over night. Not sure this will make it, the handle is too thin and may crack.
I made this plate with an underlying grid pattern, then I decided to smear around the leaf outlines. I don't like that, so this will go into the recycle pile. Not everything makes the cut; there's a lot of working through with clay. But I feel like if I don't experiment I don't get anywhere. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.