After I loaded a bisque yesterday I decided to experiment with some chemicals I had from a long time ago. They were stored in little containers and not very well marked. I think they are ochre, cobalt, copper, and red iron oxide.
I made a wash with some water and brushed the mixture on some of my ornaments and a couple of vases. I have no idea what these chemicals will look like after they are fired. I'll probably put a clear glaze over the top.
I broke one of my driftwood handled baskets. Also one bowl had a crack in the rim and one plate was badly warped so those didn't get fired. Tomorrow is a white rabbit day and we're supposed to get snow. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.