Saturday, January 31, 2015

Geranium Leaf Bird Bath

Can you picture this geranium leaf bird bath sitting on a stump in the garden or the forest? It might not be deep enough for a bird bath but after I made it that's what I thought it should be. It's about eleven inches in diameter. I put a little texture on the rim of the bowl so birds have something to grab onto as they land on the edge. Before I made the piece I mixed up a few more mason stains and the violet is a new color for me.

I just saw the youtube clip about mysteries unseen in the world and thought I'd share it here.

Gary got back yesterday from Florida with a load of fresh fish from our favorite fish market. He even got lobster tails and fish cheeks. For the next several months we'll be eating in luxury for sure. When I showed Gary the piece above he said it looked like a pizza. He must have been hungry. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

16 comments:

  1. Nice color combo on the bird bath.
    Fresh fish from Florida, you are so lucky!!! I have never had warm water lobster. Jeff says it's not as good as the cold water lobsters from up north... what are your thoughts on the difference between the two?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele, thanks, I am loving my colors right now, warm isn't as good I think a bit different flavor but better than nothing.

      Delete
  2. I can just see the bird bath outside this summer! Nice work! From what I see of the birds using my baths I would say done't worry about depth. I put stone in the bottoms of some of mine so the birdies have a choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzi, thanks, I had a concrete bird bath at my gardens in California and the birds loved it but I was always getting moss in it and I had to tip it and scrub like crazy I thinkk a ceramic one would be much easier to keep clean

      Delete
    2. Linda, we have a birdbath that Jeff made and it does get mossy, but you are right about cleaning... only needs a little scrub with a sponge.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Barb, thanks, I have no idea how they will fire, stay the same, get darker or lighter, was going for a water color effect with these, we shall see

      Delete
  4. Lucky, lucky birds to have such a stunning bath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bird bath, really like the geraniums. How nice to have a good supply of fish from the market. Nice video by the way...except for the part about the creepy things our eyelashes play hosts to. HaHa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, oh I know isn't that creepy some things are better left unknown. ha.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful colors in the bird bath!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keith, thanks, I hope they fire up the same way.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a nice colourful bird bath, little birds don't want it too deep to have a splash so I'm sure it will be appreciated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thanks, I was thinking of bluebirds and finches might like it.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment