Here are the leaf plates after the bisque firing; the colors are much brighter now. You can see the colors before the bisque on greenware in the previous post. You may recall I removed most of the water in the stains for these four plates. The amounts ended up being one quarter teaspoon of stain, one quarter teaspoon of frit 3134, and half a teaspoon of water. I hand brushed the leaves with the four different stains.
The only color I'm a little worried about is the brown stain. It almost looks like the frit is sitting on top. Each time I dip my brush in the stain mixture I stir it up so I am not sure about this effect. I do know this brown stain tends to dry out quicker than other stains and gets thicker easier. I'm anxious to see what happens after the glaze firing which is going right now. The leaf plates have a clear satin glaze over the top.
Here is the cheese board after the bisque, Nice and flat after using silica sand underneath to act as tiny ball bearings so the clay can contract without causing stress while it shrinks. This mixture of stains was 1/4 tsp, 1/4 tsp, 1/2 cup water, more of a water color effect. I've put a clear glaze over this one so I am anxious to see if the colors even show up, they are very subtle.
Here is the leaf plate with the same stain mixture as the bread board. I've put a transparent turquoise glaze over the top of this one. Can't wait to see how this turns out.
Here's a shot of the bowl and spoon and fork after the bisque. I've glaze all three of these with the same glaze, hope they turn out; it would be nice to have a set. Stay tuned for the results of the glaze firing perhaps tomorrow. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.