Sunday, July 26, 2015

Firing and New Pottery Shelves

Yesterday I loaded the kiln for a bisque. The weather said to day would be clear now this morning it says it may rain. I decided to fire anyway and keep an eye on the weather. I really packed a lot into the bisque load.

Meanwhile on Friday a friend and I made two sets, yes two, of new pottery shelves. Took almost all day and then had to load for the farmer's market. This time instead of 2 x 2s, I used a larger dimension lumber for the uprights. They're heavier but sturdier. We had some 2 x 8s lying around and we ripped them in thirds which gave us a little less than a 2 x 4. Also I added a slot for the top board which makes the whole setup much sturdier.

As soon as I have a chance I'll take a photo of the new pottery shelves set up. Perhaps at the next farmer's market. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

8 comments:

  1. Toes crossed for the rain to stay away! Looking forward to the shelf set up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi, thanks, these shelves are much sturdier than the last ones I built in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, I'm anxious to see more on info on the shelves, mine are "third-hand" and need updating. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherri, thanks, I'll give a more detailed post as soon as I get a photo of the set up, which will probably after next Saturday, the next market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, and productive. Always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, thanks, yes I am trying to keep busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure do keep busy, Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, no rest for the weary. Ha.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment