Monday, August 29, 2016

North Georgia Candy Roaster

It's that time of year again. I bought a North Georgia candy roaster squash at the last farmer's market. This squash is about three feet long and perhaps nine or so inches across. There is a lot of squash in one of these. My work is cut out for me; just cutting it up, let alone cooking it. Soup, baked, par-boiled and frozen are some of the methods I'll use on this squash. Stay tuned for recipes. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

3 comments:

  1. Not a squash I know. I wonder whether we have it, travelling incognito under another name. Not a shape I recognise either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! You could turn it into a dug-out canoe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, thanks, yes it is a squash.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment