Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Flu and Fire

Gary has had the flu for 15 days. I thought I had slipped by without getting it but no such luck. I've had it for a week. It's been over 10 years since I've had a flu or cold so I guess I shouldn't complain. I used up about 2 rolls of toilet paper blowing my nose. Ugh. Luckily I made a another big batch of soup just before succumbed so I did have something to eat. I had made chicken soup with chicken breast; the meat of a breast is much easier to cut up than a turkey leg.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to go to the annual Kris Kringle Market because of the flu, so I've had no sales for December.  I did get an email from someone wanting me to make a set of rectangular dishes like the photos above. At my rate of making I'm about six weeks out. I've sold several sets of these in past in sets of varied colors. This size dish is really handy for lunch plates or appetizers.

This past year I have not been motivated to make sets of functional work. For that matter I haven't been motivated to make much pottery at all. I still have a lot of pottery in stock to sell so I don't can't justify making lots more. I only want to make what I want to make, mostly experimenting. I still think about pottery and many new designs swirl around in my head. I also look at pottery a lot. Not sure what the future may hold, we shall see.

Perhaps you heard about the devastating fires in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I have a few pottery tools and supplies I don't use and I plan to see if any potters were in the fire and need some items. I can make up a care package to send them. I can't imagine what it would be like to loose everything in a fire. We had quite a few fires here in the Georgia mountains but none were near our home. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

11 comments:

  1. Love those plates.
    And your generous heart.
    I hope the flu is almost gone.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I am so much better today and luckily this one was not one where I was overly achy.

      Delete
  2. Those plates are fabulous! So many tragedies of late--so many parents mourning children in the RAVE fire in Oakland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks, yes that fire in Oakland was just terrible, hopefully folks will improve inspections of some of these businesses that don't have permits or fire exit plans and the like.

      Delete
  3. Linda, those plates are so beautiful, I love the rectangular shape. I hope you are feeling better day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barbara, thanks, doing much better today, hope you are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you and your husband feel better soon. Best wishes and good luck this holiday season. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gigi, thanks, we are both much better now wasn't as bad as most flu. same to you for the holiday. I read that seniors are happiest in Hawaii. Ha.

      Delete
  6. Hope you two are on the mend now. Sorry to hear you missed your last sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele, thanks, much better, yeah too bad about the sale, although it was really cold and it was out of doors, maybe just as well.

      Delete
  7. Linda - I hope you're both feeling 100% better now as I write this response....sorry...I'm running way behind in blog responses.

    Those fires in Tennessee were heartbreaking. Our news here covered them. So sad and so worrying for those in its path...and wake!

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment