Wednesday, May 3, 2017

For Free

Sometimes it pays to look through the craigslist ads. Yesterday I spied this wrought iron coffee table base listed For Free. It was rusty when we picked it up. Before I could take a photo Gary had already spray painted it. Gary ran out of paint so we'll have to get another can to get good coverage. The base is very heavy and sturdy and was hand wrought.

We've been using a large bamboo trunk for our coffee table downstairs but I've been wanting a pine or natural wood table for some time. After months of looking I finally got the perfect base and the price was right.

This is approximately what I want the coffee table to look like. Unless of course I uss some of the local harvested wood I got a couple of years ago for a very reasonable price. I'll post after we get the table completed. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

2 comments:

  1. That coffee table looks practical and gorgeous. I hope yours turns out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, time will tell all.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment