Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A Pair of Bluebirds

This pair of bluebirds is one of the wood paintings I wasn't quite happy with so I've gone back and worked a little more on the branches, berries and bluebirds. It's always a treat in Spring when the bluebirds return. I often feel sorry for them because they return so early and sometimes the weather is still very cold.

Update on my shallots. My shallots have dried nicely so I decided to postpone using them for now. They're more cylindrical in shape rather than the torpedo ones at the grocery. Perhaps it's the variety. Behind the scenes of all my growing experiments I research the best varieties to grow, growing requirements, fertilization needs, and product marketability. I am a constant seeker of knowledge in so many categories.

I picked the remaining shallots which I let grow a bit more. I think they are larger than the previous ones, so I could have let all of them grow a bit longer. These are now drying. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

2 comments:

  1. The ability to learn gives us so many gifts doesn't it?
    Loving your shallots - and your bluebirds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, yes I love learning.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment