Sunday, August 20, 2017

Ancient Totem & Cherokee Purple Tomatoes

This ancient totem went to a special lady in Micanopy, Florida. Micanopy was the site of an ancient Timucuan Indian village, later a Seminole village, and later still a Miccosukee faction. Micanopy is named after a Seminole Chief. She just finished building her 500 square foot cottage decorated with unique finishing materials. She showed me several photos and she has great style. I'd been keeping this totem for several years and finally decided to bring it to the market and now the totem has found a new home. I'm proud this piece will grace her cottage.

Look what I'm having for breakfast: slices of Cherokee purple tomatoes. These heirlooms are so delicious. The farmer's market was well attended and I had lots of sales from new and repeat customers. I might also have two commissions coming up soon. Thank you to all who support my art.

Here are the Cherokee purples before slicing. I tried growing these in California but they didn't produce well. Perhaps they are better suited to the humidity here in Georgia. I might try growing them myself next year. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know purple tomatoes - but these look similar to our 'black' tomatoes - which I adore.
    Love that your sales were good this week. And hooray for commissions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, yes similar I think, very good weekend was welcomed by me as well.

      Delete
  2. Oh how yummy they look. And since they're a heritage tomato rather than hybrids, you can collect the seeds and grow right from them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, I have never tried to grow tomatoes from seed but I've had lots of volunteers.

      Delete
  3. Boy! Those tomatoes look as if they would be absolutely delicious! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment