Saturday, August 19, 2017

Holy Cow

Gary likes bright colors so he's encouraging me to branch out into modern rather than traditional painting techniques. Holy Cow this cow is bright. Both of these cows are on oak wood. I just finished putting on the polyacrylic and will string the jute hangers when they dry. When we drill the holes for the jute we pre-drill the holes with a smaller bit so the wood doesn't split. It's an extra step but this really helps prevent wood splitting in most drilling situations.

Here's another colorful cow, inspired by one I saw on the internet to stimulate myself to branch out into bolder colors. Tomorrow I'll be at the Blairsville Farmer's Market in space 9 from 7 am to 1 pm. Blairsville is an optimum location to view the total solar eclipse on Monday. Please research how to safely view the eclipse; don't look at the sun without proper eye protection. Hopefully the eclipse peepers are generous in their purchases. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

6 comments:

  1. I do like your colourful cows - and hope the market is busy and profitable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, the market was busy and profitable.

      Delete
  2. Good luck at the market, Linda! I don't tend towards bold colors (although many I know do), but I think that second cow is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rian, thanks, folks are getting a kick out of the bright colors.

      Delete
  3. Linda, these cows are great! They have a Pop Art feel to them. I hope you do more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww.....they are just great...wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment