Monday, October 16, 2017

A Clockwork Orange

What in the heck are these discs for? They're clock faces. (This first one made me think of A Clockwork Orange. I had forgotten how violent that novel was. Makes me think of several terrible happenings in our current time.) I've stained the leaves a rich orange color. If the orange isn't dark enough I can add more color after the bisque. I plan on these either hanging on a wall or set on a table top plate rack.

Clocks are probably archaic; the world is changing, sometimes at an alarming rate. But what if all the cell towers go down or the electricity is gone? What if someone just wants to look up and see the time? I plan on having a second hand and you never know when a second hand might come in handy. These seem so symmetrical, almost oddly so. What do you think? I have an idea to make a couple more that are asymmetrical. We shall see how these turn out after the bisque and glaze firings. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

UPDATE someone pointed out I have too many hours in the day; I'll go back and fix that, ugh.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks, we shall see from the past to the future.

      Delete
  2. I think modt of us would like an extra hour in the day from time to time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, I'd like an extra hour of sleep, vacation, payment, less aging, other than that, no thanks.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment