Sunday, November 19, 2017

Pinched Rice Bowls

 from the last firing, pinched rice bowls

it's been awhile since I pinched any pots
I need to pinch more often.

got home unloaded the car, 
unloaded an ice chest full of fish,
unloaded my smoker, toaster oven, clothes, etc
swept the driveway of leaves, quite a job;
couldn't get the blower started.

smoked some pork chops to give to our neighbors
who took care of Barney while we were gone
also delivered a small gift for them.
Barney is doing well, thank goodness, I love that little boy.


unloaded a bisque I fired right before I left. 
need to glaze asap.
wondering if I can make some more work 
and get it fired before the first weekend of December
we shall see.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks, glad I made it back safely.

      Delete
  2. Oh I bet Barney is glad to see his people! I was talking with another potter in our community studio about making a sphere out of 2 pinched bowls, not sure what the purpose is, but it's a good project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, Barney is indeed happy to see us, when Gary parked the trailer at the bottom of our driveway, Barney came down there to help him unload the trailer and was meowing and meowing, he seems to like men more than women, probably belonged to a man sometime in the past. I sphere is a good idea, not sure what it would be good for either other than a decoration in a bowl or some such.

      Delete
  3. Yes, welcome back Linda! Your first blue and brown bowl is my favorite color combination. I just finished a 2 tone spray glaze project. It should be out of the kiln next week. We'll see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rian, thanks, can't wait to see how your work turned out.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back. Barney will be happy.
    Love the bowls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, Barney is very happy to see us.

      Delete
  5. There's no place like home! And I bet Barney is glad to have you home, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, home is best, not sure how the folks in Alabama can afford to live there they have a 10 percent tax on everything even food and Gary met a guy in a gas station who said their car registrations are over $400, ours are $25. yikes.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment