Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Small Pots

Here are the recently fired toothpick holders. Colorful toothpicks look great in them. I thought the shorter one would be too short, but I think I like it better. It's easier for a cook to pull a toothpick out to test if a cake or muffin is done. Imagine how light these small pots will be to pack, nice to think about that.

I was almost out of business card holders. This one is just large enough, I will increase the size of the template slightly or I may not get the correct size next time.

These small pinch pots didn't turn out the way I expected them to. The orange one is the best I think; I don't like the glaze drips either. Some glazes don't take to overlapping very well. That's how it goes. For next time I plan to make these meditation bowls an uneven in shape like a seed or pod or with texture on the outside. Something to think about.

Poor little Barney, I hate to leave him; I am sure he is going to miss us terribly. My next door neighbor will be coming over to check his food and water supplies and she will feed him his wet food each day. He has a new cat door so he can come and go as he pleases. I just hope he doesn't think we abandoned him for good. I am on my way to the beach so there will be a delay in my responding to comments. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy yourself. Barney will cope. I'm feeding a friend's cats who's gone for 2 weeks. They're just fine too! Of course they will gripe. That's the way of the cat. Love the toothpick holders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks, my neighbor said she's spending some time with Barney.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, trying to be safe that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. They are cute.

    Poor Barney...I'll send him virtually hugs and cuddles daily...more than once. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, I thought about calling and leaving a message on the phone but that might make it worse for him.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment