Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Baked Pear with Blue Cheese

To make this dessert or appetizer takes less than 15 minutes and is so easy. Preheat oven to 400 F. Slice a just-ripe pear in half and place in baking dish. (Oh I rubbed the bottom of the dish with olive oil so the pear wouldn't stick) Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and crumble blue cheese in center of pear and serve. You could use gorgonzola or stilton cheese or sprinkle a few chopped walnuts on top or some fresh thyme. Enjoy.

It was 5 F last night. I blocked the cat door. Barney discovered how to slip out this morning but a few minutes later he was trying to get back in. We thought it was a ghost trying to get in and couldn't figure out how he got out. Barney had slipped between the box I had blocking the door but couldn't push it in to get back in. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

8 comments:

  1. Baked pear and blue cheese would be a lovely combination! I must talk nicely to our pear tree and see if it will give us a few pears this year!
    Barney was probably trying to see if rolling in the snow stimulated the nervous system! Brrrr 5 degrees would have me huddling under a heap of blankets with a hot water bottle! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter, thanks, Gary doesn't like blue cheese so it was all for me. I did get him some special cheddar, not sure cheddar goes on pears though. This recipe is so easy to make and so delicious. No snow on the ground any longer I wish there was because it tends to insulate against the bitter cold especially for the plants. Another few days of this, about all we can take.

      Delete
  2. Poor Barney. I feel for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks, he realized it was cold and wanted back in, his is spoiled so not so poor.

      Delete
  3. Cats can be incredibly determined. I am glad that you realised he was out and let his determined (and cold) self back in.
    Pears don't agree with me so I will pass on this one. Love blue cheese though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks, try it with another fruit, maybe peach, mango, apple, applie would have to be cooked longer.

      Delete
  4. My mouth is watering, lovely sounding recipe. Barney is a determined little guy, but after all, has a very small brain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an interesting combination. I like pears and I like blue cheese...and I like honey and I like balsamic....and walnuts....hmmmmmm....

    And I like Barney! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment