Friday, January 12, 2018

Birds, Bowl, and Mug

This week I'm working on more pottery to fill my kiln. To these two birds with texture, I added some stain right after I made them.

To make this bowl I have draped a slab of clay over a bowl set up on a wood pedestal to hold up. I tried a balloon but it promptly popped.

The handle of this mug is propped up with a piece of clay against some paper so they don't stick together.

Next week we're expecting below freezing temperatures once again so I'm gearing up to fire the week after that. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne, thanks, no neither for clay nor the weather. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather may keep us inside, but doesn't stop us creating, right Linda? (I've stocked up on batting for my quilted pillows and working on new designs for cheeky chickens) You should have plenty to fire by next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rian, thanks, depends upon how motivated I am but then again I already have a bunch and with the heater going stuff will dry quicker.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see how the stained clay looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barbara, thanks, hoping to make some that I don't have to glaze; we shall see

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hollow varieties of those two cute little birds would be great, too...they'd make wonderful salt and pepper shakers! :)

    Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, thanks, I was thinking of just that idea the other day, we shall see.

      Delete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment